Thursday, September 3, 2009

Almost Time for Cookin' Out with the Dragon!

“Hi – Brady here. Wow – I never in a million years thought I’d be saying this, but it’s GREAT to be back at the school!! I can hardly wait for classes to start up. I go to Greenbrier Academy. It’s a private school in Wen Melas, California. Last year we learned so much about the Fantasy Nations and about all the magic around us; it was really cool! It’s great to see all my friends – so far school has just had orientation and get to know the new kids kinds of activities but classes start next week after Labor Day. I can't wait to get back to dragon training class!”

“I’ve been hanging out with Professor Roardan – he seems glad to see my dragon, Firewing, but he seemed a little surprised he hadn’t gotten much bigger than the last time he saw him. Man, what does he expect, he’s just a hatchling! I thought I proved last year that size isn’t everything. Oh well, I’m 10 this year so I know he won’t be treating me like some little kid.”

“It’s almost Labor Day. I love holiday weekends – we always celebrate them with a virtual cookout over at the Cybrarie forum – hey – we’ve got a dragon that loves cookouts, may as well go for it! Firewing, in case you don’t know, is the dragon hatchling I found over in the Netherscape. I’ve had him since he was just an egg. My brother, Ryan, was really mad when he found out I had found the egg and was hiding it in my backpack. Ryan just turned 17 and sometimes he gets all protective of me and stuff. I think he thought the little guy’s mom would come looking for him or something, but we think something really bad happened to his mom. She must’ve been killed or she never would have left him. That stupid clan of Ares sen Feear went around killing any of the fantasy beings they could find. I’m pretty sure they’re the ones who killed her. Professor Roardan says it may have been giants or an Orc or something. He knows all about that kind of thing because he has a lot of family in Coldrone that are dragon riders – says it’s their family business – how cool is that?! Professor Roardan’s reaching me Dragonese so I can communicate with Firewing easier, but some of those growls are really hard to pronounce. The professor says I really need to work on my dialect – I’m not sure exactly what that means but I think it has something to do with pronunciation.”

“Well, I gotta go check in with all my teachers to see if there is anything special I am gonna need for their classes – I’m out of pixie dust…I bet I can get some this weekend. I’ll invite my pixie friend, Merry Inch, to the cookout. She has a crush on Sean you know. He's my brother's best frined and roommate at school. She thinks it’s a big secret that she likes him, but everybody knows. Girls. They’re so silly. Anyway, if you get a chance try to stop by the Cybrarie and join us for our virtual cookout this weekend – we bring the dragon, you bring whatever you’d like to have. If you’re thinking marshmallows or s’mores you might want to bring your own bag – Firewing really likes marshmallows!”

“Hope to see you this weekend!”

Brady


Want to share this post? Tweet it!

TweetIt from HubSpot

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster